Best Natural Diabetes Prevention Tips To Reduce Sugar Level
Eating healthy foods, regular exercise, drinking more water are some best natural diabetes prevention tips. Diabetes prevention is achievable through a healthy lifestyle and precaution. These healthy practices keep you fit and disease-free.
Insulin transfers sugar from the blood to cells to store it for later use. The insufficient or over-sufficient production of insulin leads to diabetes.
Diabetes is a metabolic disease where blood sugar level increases. The most common of all types of diabetes is type-2 diabetes.
Here, we are trying to justify the tips to prevent diabetes:
I) Cut sugar from diets
Eating sugary food can put you at risk of developing diabetes.
Also in prediabetic people, insulin level rises to compensate for insulin resistance responsible for blood sugar levels.
As the blood sugar level increases, insulin level increases that eventually leads to type-2 diabetes.
II) Avert from refined carbs
Refined carbs are processed carbs excluding highly essential nutrients like fibers and other nourishments.
Thus, including many refined carbs only reinforces the risk of diabetes.
Eliminating such unhealthy calories help promote your wellness.
III) Exercise Regularly
Regular exercise decreases insulin resistance in the body. Therefore, less insulin is enough to maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
A study reveals that a moderate workout increases insulin sensitivity by 51%, and that of a high-intensity increases it by 85%.
But, the results bore only for the day. However, some frequent workouts also improve insulin sensitivity.
IV) Reduce weight for natural diabetes prevention
Although not every diabetic patient is obese, reducing or maintaining a healthy weight helps control diabetes.
The fat around abdominal organs, called visceral fat, decreases insulin sensitivity inducing the risk of diabetes.
V) Follow a Low-carb diet
Since weight loss is helpful in natural diabetes prevention low-carb diet is beneficial for a healthy weight, but there are also other reasons to follow a healthy meal plan.
Such a healthy and nourishing diet ensures insulin sensitivity and a healthy blood sugar level.
Also, research indicated that a low-carb diet helps reduce blood sugar and insulin levels.
Therefore, if you reduce carb intake, your blood sugar or insulin level would drop to some extent.
Eat in small portion sizes. Excessive eating for one time increases blood sugar levels.
People who ate in small portion sizes were at lesser risk of developing diabetes than those who ate in large portion sizes.
VI) Include Fibers In Your Diet
Including fibers in your diet avoids the risk of developing diabetes. They act as an inner body cleanser.
Moreover, it helps keep blood sugar and insulin levels in control. There are two types of fibers – Water-soluble and fat-soluble.
Both fiber types are healthful. Besides, fibers in diet improve metabolism that helps better digestion, and reduced inflammation.
Thus, fiber contents are beneficial to prevent diabetes.
VII) Have Proper Nutrition
Also, Vitamin D is an essential supplement to avert diabetes. Several studies reveal that Vitamin D intake reduces the chances of blood sugar spikes. It helps lower the blood sugar level that further controls insulin secretion.
Another nutrition that proved helpful in natural diabetes prevention is chromium. Chromium reduces blood sugar levels and improves glucose metabolism. Avoid taking chromium if you have kidney disease. This nutrient may not be beneficial to your health.
Mostly, diabetic patients are zinc-deficient. It can efficiently handle the complications related to diabetes besides lowering blood sugar, antioxidant effects. However, you must consult a physician before taking any random dose of these nutrients, as their portion may have adverse effects on your health.
VIII) Herbs for Natural diabetes prevention
Some herbs available in nature can serve best to prevent or even reverse diabetes.
Here are some of them listed for you:
- Curcumin – It is an element of turmeric. Curcumin increases insulin sensitivity and also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Vera – Although aloe vera is very beneficial for health and beauty purposes, not every part is helpful. The sap of aloe vera has laxative effects. So use the gel present in the leaves of the aloe vera. Additionally, ensure the product you use is free from aloin or anthraquinones.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is a spice served in dishes to add flavor and health. It supports healthy blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Therefore, including this spice makes your dish healthful and delicious.
- Fenugreek – Fenugreek may not directly prevent diabetes. It ensures several fitness factors to decrease the growth of diabetes. It helps reduce cholesterol levels that play a critical role in the health of diabetic patients.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV is a herb to control the metabolism of glucose. Taking 1-2 spoons at bedtime would help digest the glycemic load of carbs. You can also enjoy it with your meals.
- Gymnema – This useful herb improves glucose metabolism, insulin levels. However, you should always consult a doctor as there can be a requirement of close inspection to control blood sugar levels.
The risk of developing diabetes may vary due to factors, including – genetics, ethnic background, birth weight, metabolic syndrome, obesity, gestational diabetes, etc.
Also, take advice from doctors to prevent diabetes. Include healthy routines in your lifestyle.
Practicing a healthy lifestyle even reduces the growth of the disease. The more you work to get your health better, the more it will flourish.
Related: A new research indicates, some green veggies cause type-2 diabetes. For further information, you must watch – the Green Veggie Causing Type 2 Diabetes