Lower Back Pain Relief Exercises That You Will Find Worth To Follow
Stretching is a vital activity for the relaxation of muscles, tendons, ligaments all over the body. Thus, healthy lower back pain relief exercises must include exercises and stretches that relax and strengthens muscles.
It promotes oxygenated blood to reach the body parts. This blood circulation removes pain and heals the muscles and organs.
Remember to consult your doctor before any practice to confirm whether the activity can improve your health.
Here are some points to uncover the importance of stretches:
- Relaxes the muscles – Exercises relax the muscles supporting the spine. Such muscle stretches reduce tension and pressure over the spinal disc. Therefore, a healthy routine to lower back pain must include some exercise.
- Enhances mobility – Mobility depends on the stiffness of the muscles. The more you exercise, the more is the flexibility that promotes a healthy range of movements.
- Reduces chances of injury – A warm-up practice before any intense exercise is a must. It smoothens muscles that reduce the chances of injury. Without proper workout, the muscles become sore and tense. Hence exercise enhances your muscle elasticity that diminishes the chance of injury.
- Heal the body parts – Exercise raises the immunity power of the body. It boosts the generation of antibodies that fight any infection or disease. Moreover, they also treat the injuries and help them heal quickly.
- Improves blood circulation – Regular exercises enhance blood flow through the body. It helps reach oxygenated blood to all body parts and muscles. Besides, blood flow helps detoxify the muscles and organs. Further, providing proper nutrition to cure them as well.
However, it may take some time to cure the chronic pain that lasted for months.
Regular practice of stretching involves healthy habits to your daily schedule. The more you take care of this body, the more it will serve you.
Lower Back Pain Relief Exercises
Walking or moving is the best cure in most cases to relieve lower back pain. Movement improves blood flow in the body and treats back pain.
Moreover, studies prove that non-drug options to relieve back pain are more healthful and advantageous.
Therefore, include more activities in a daily schedule to rectify lower back pain.
Here are some lower back pain relief exercises that would help you recover faster:
I) Half Crunch
This unique version of crunches supports your body weight and relieves lower back pain. Moreover, Half crunches strengthen your abdominal muscles and lower back.
- Lie on your back and keep the feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your hands behind the head. Only try to raise the shoulders from the floor.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and exhale while moving shoulders up.
- Avoid jerks and forcing your head through your hands.
- You don’t have to reach your knees. Getting off the floor is enough.
- Hold the position for a whole second.
- Repeat this activity 10-20 times as you feel comfortable.
- Land softly on the floor, and avoid falling.
II) Lower back stretches
These stretches involve the lower back muscles and hamstrings. For this stretch, you may require a towel or band. The stretching of the hamstrings helps relieve lower back pain and relaxes the muscles.
- Lie in a supine position. Feet flat on the floor with knees bent.
- Take a towel and place it beneath the ball of one foot.
- Now straighten the knee, holding the towel towards yourself. This action helps stretch your lower back muscles.
- Hold the position for 15-20 minutes and repeat for each leg.
- Beginners should practice it 3-4 times and then gradually increase it with the practice.
III) Knee to chest exercise
This exercise helps relax your spine and muscles around. It removes stiffness in muscles and prevents lower back pain.
- Lie at your back. Both the knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Now slowly raise your one knee to the chest, keeping the other foot on the floor.
- Keep your back straight. Also, let your arms rest on the floor.
- Hold the position for 15-20 minutes and relax.
- Repeat the stretch for each leg about 3-4 times.
IV) Bridges For Lower Back Pain Relief
Bridging makes our muscles of the lower back, glutes, abdomen, and hamstring strong. However, it falls under the category of moderate exercise to relieve back pain.
- Lie in a supine position with knees bent and heels on the floor.
- Push the floor with the heels and raise your hips until it comes in a straight line with your shoulders.
- Hold the position for few seconds (5-6 seconds).
- Repeat the activity 10-12 times.
V) Practice Aerobic Exercises
Aerobics or cardio activities are remedial lower back pain relief exercises. Regular practice of some of the moderate aerobic exercises would help relieve back pain and other joint problems. These activities involve swimming, walking, cycling, and many more. Start with any sports you find easy and try to stick with the practice. In case you find doing the stuff uncomfortable, ask for support as there is nothing wrong with it. Swimming is most helpful aerobic to lower the back pain problem. The water helps you with your weight during the activity. This movement promotes muscle strengthening plus muscle relaxation. However, with every cardio, be careful with the motions and avoid twists and turns as they may impact your back or muscles.
We know that exercises excluding twists and slacks are healthy to prevent or lower back pain. Also, while practicing any workout, do not arc your body as this act can even induce pain in your lower back.
Tighten your muscles whenever and wherever required.
Remember to consult your expert in regular intervals to monitor your progress. If you feel uncomfortable doing any task, stop that right away and take the advice of specialists.
Also, avoid some exercises like toe touch, sit-ups, leg lifts to prevent excess pressure on the lower back. However, keep practicing other healthy practices like walking, cardio, pirates, yoga asanas that may prove to be very helpful for lower back pain relief.
If you want to get rid of back pain and nothing is really working for you. Here is something to help you out. This Simple 30-second Morning Ritual Keeps Your Back Pain-Free All Day.
I recommend you give Back Pain Breakthrough at least 7 days to work its magic…This movement has been verified
by top experts from Harvard, Stanford, and Yale…