Turmeric Milk Benefits | Why to drink Turmeric Milk Everyday?
Do you have a cold, cough, wound, or want to build immunity? All in one recipe is Turmeric Milk.
A surfeit of several nutrients, this turmeric milk benefits our health and fitness conditions.
Turmeric has medicinal properties used for ailments for ages.
Like medicine, turmeric milk benefits confines to a group of people whom it can avail. The reason being, it might react adversely with some medications.
Therefore, before entirely switching your meal plans consult a health expert to prevent any fitness issues.
Health Benefits of Turmeric Milk
1. Healthy for skin
This antioxidant-rich beverage reduces the effects of oxidation accountable for early signs of aging. Regular intake of turmeric milk fights the free radicals, the oxidizing agents, that cause inflammation, acne, skin rashes. Moreover, its antiseptic properties remove impurities from the skin and body and provide you a healthy, glowing skin. The reason behind turmeric widely used in natural beauty pastes for healthy skin is its detoxification properties.
2. Improves brain functioning
Curcumin, the prime ingredient of turmeric milk, helps improve brain functioning and cognitive abilities. However, its working property behind this phenomenon is supposed to be anti-inflammation that prevents memory decline, as in Alzheimer’s disease. A study in an American journal reveals its anti-depressant properties and several health benefits to improve brain functioning and cognitive abilities. However, it may not confirm the same results for everyone as the participants were generally healthy adults. But it still depicts a relation between the intake of turmeric milk and healthy brain functioning.
3. Reduces Blood sugar level
Turmeric milk improves insulin sensitivity. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory qualities help lowers cholesterol levels too. However, more research is required to ensure its detailed benefits. It is helpful to decrease blood sugar levels. Besides, it can also suppress other diabetic symptoms reducing inflammation.
4. Maintains Heart Health
Turmeric milk is vital to heart health due to its unbeatable medicinal properties. It improves the lining of the heart walls and enhance the vascular system functioning. The influential causes of heart disease – inflammation or free radicals get counterbalanced by the curcumin. Also, research on heart patients shows turmeric milk effectively reduces damage to arteries and prevents building up plaque. Additionally, curcumin decreases the chances of heart attacks influencing your heart health.
5. Helps fight cancer
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has anti-cancer effects that stop the growth of tumor cells. A variety of studies show its benefits to reduce the protein cells responsible for cancer. Besides, regular intake of turmeric milk helps reduce the chances of developing cancer. Further, it prevents metastasis, decreasing the spreading of secondary malignant growth. Although turmeric is a healthful ingredient when combined with other medications, a prescription is mandatory as it has adverse effects with some medicines used for cancer treatment.
6. Turmeric Milk and Weight loss
Turmeric milk benefits your metabolism when followed every day as a pre-sleep ritual. Its antioxidants help lower blood sugar and insulin resistance that further reduces the fat deposition in the body. Moreover, a cup of hot turmeric milk suppresses inflammation effects and factors building obesity. A healthy bowel system and metabolic rate provided by this blissful drink can positively reduce the risk of obesity.
7. Rich in Antioxidants
Turmeric milk is a rich source of antioxidants and antiseptics. Antioxidants help us fight free radicals that cause oxidative stress. This oxidative stress is responsible for cell damage and early signs of aging.
8. Reduces inflammation
Its antioxidative properties relieve discomfort from muscle soreness after exercise. Similarly, turmeric milk contains anti-inflammatory properties that boost your immunity and cardiovascular health. Several medical studies indicate favorable results for diabetic and cancer patients using turmeric/curcumin. A recommended quantity of turmeric with milk every day helps reduce cholesterol levels.
Even if it is proven healthy and fit for us in several ways, a healthy and balanced diet is essential to improve/maintain your health condition.
A little exposure to heat improves its absorption and health effects. Therefore, it is helpful to drink turmeric milk while it is lukewarm.
Furthermore, its extract is highly rich in antioxidants and antiseptic properties than the turmeric itself. However, you should include black pepper or cinnamon to enhance the absorption of the curcumin extract.
When You Drink Turmeric Milk Everyday
It is healthy and beneficial to drink turmeric milk every day. Curcumin is an ingredient in turmeric that can heal the body faster. Tissues or cells can absorb curcumin that further helps fight cell damage. Hence, turmeric milk heals injuries and relieves pain. Let us see, what are the reasons to drink turmeric milk every day:
- Promotes sound sleep:- A hot turmeric milk suppresses inflammation, decreasing anxiety, and depression. It stimulates hormones that relax your body and, thus, mind, which assists sound sleep.
- Relieves cough and cold:- Turmeric milk every day increases mucus production. It helps remove harmful bacteria responsible for cough or cold. Moreover, its antiseptic properties help fight diseases.
- Detoxification:- Turmeric milk benefits our health by releasing unhealthy items from the body. It resolves the gas problems and enhances digestive systems. Moreover, the antibiotic properties prevent organ damage from the toxins building their immunity as well.
- Relieves pain and muscle soreness:- Turmeric milk is well known for its healing medicinal properties that cure your joint pain. Its antioxidants help reduce the effects of inflammation that can cause severe joint pain. Besides, this lukewarm drink diminishes muscle soreness due to excessive workout sessions. Thus, it helps your muscles and joints recover at a faster rate.
Who should not drink turmeric milk
- Diabetic patients:- Diabetic patients must consult a doctor about the amount of intake of turmeric. Excessive amounts of turmeric may lead to an inadequate reduction in blood sugar and can be harmful to your health.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding:- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should intake a low amount of turmeric as in a regular diet. The reason being, its excess amount may lead to menstruation or other adverse effects.
- Blood flow problems:- Curcumin is full of antioxidants that help dilate your blood. It helps improve blood flow and reduces blood pressure. However, the inadequate quantity may cause an abnormally high heart rate which is harmful to your health. Thus, it is mandatory to consult a health expert before starting such variations to your diet.
- People with Anemia:- Anemia is a health condition when iron content in the body is below the standard level. Intake of turmeric may reduce the absorption of iron, which makes the health condition worse.
- People have recently undergone surgery:- Turmeric milk helps dilate the blood, which slows down the blood clotting. However, turmeric extract is used on wounds to heal them. Its intake can dilate your blood, increasing the risk of bleeding.
- People with upset stomach:- Anyone with stomach problems should avoid as it may increase the gastroesophageal reflux issues. Therefore, having expert advice might help improve your health with turmeric milk.
Best Time To Drink Turmeric Milk
The best time to avail turmeric milk benefits is early morning or at night before going to bed. The time in the morning, at breakfast, turmeric milk benefits our strength and metabolism. However, at night it treats your bowel system and detoxifies the system releasing impurities.